Mobile Home Sales
(Land/Real property is not included)
Once seized, if a mobile home is occupied or unoccupied with a lower value, the mobile home will be sold “in place”. This sale will take place on the second floor of the Hunt County Court House in the common (hallway) area at a time and date designated by the posting of a “Notice of Tax Sale”. This “Notice of Tax Sale” will be posted on the West Entry Door Glass on the first floor of the Hunt County Courthouse; on a bulletin board located in the lobby of the Hunt County Tax Office located on the first floor of the Paul Mathews Exchange Building at 2500 Stonewall Street in Greenville; on a bulletin board located at the Hunt County Appraisal District located at 4801 King Street in Greenville; as well as on our web site under the mobile home listings. The purchaser at a Tax Sale accepts responsibility of any eviction process which may be required to gain possession of the property. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to coordinate with the land owner for the removal and transport from the land. Mobile Homes are sold “As is-Where is” with no warranties expressed or implied.
Mobile Homes seized and sold in storage: click on link to see current listing
Once seized, if a mobile home is unoccupied with an acceptable value which justifies cause that it be held in storage in an effort to preserve that value, the mobile home will be transported to a storage facility within Hunt County and held there until all taxes and seizure cost are paid by property owner or lien holder, or until it is offered for sale. This sale will take place at the storage facility location, at a time and date designated by the posting of a “Notice of Tax Sale”. This “Notice of Tax Sale” will be posted on a bulletin board on the West Entry Door of the Hunt County Court House, at the storage location, on a bulletin board located in the lobby of the Hunt County Tax Office located on the first floor of the Paul Mathews Exchange Building at 2500 Stonewall Street in Greenville; on a bulletin board located at the Hunt County Appraisal District located at 4801 King Street in Greenville.
Rules & Procedures of sale:
- Must obtain “Bidders Certificate” from tax office.
- Mobile homes are sold “as is – where is” with no warranties and no refunds.
- Mobile homes that are “sold in place” will be auctioned from the second floor common area of the Hunt County Courthouse. These mobile homes remain located at their “situs address” on the property. They should be considered to be on private property, and may only be viewed at a distance. Entering onto the property could be considered trespassing.
- Mobile homes to be sold at the storage facility will be made available to be viewed one hour prior to sale only!
- This is an Open/Public auction. Bidding will begin with a “minimum bid” amount which covers the taxes, penalties and interest owed to the taxing jurisdictions of Hunt County as well as the cost involved in seizing and selling the property. Properties will be awarded to highest successful bidder.
- Interested bidders should arrive at the auction location 15 minutes early to allow time for registration and bidder number assignment.
- If high bidder forfeits by not rendering payment, he/she may face legal proceedings (see RULE 652 Purchaser Failing to Comply below) for failure to do so. Under these circumstances the property would be awarded to the next highest bidder for that property.
- Payment must be made by 3:30PM the day of the sale by cashiers check, or postal money order only, made payable to the Hunt County Tax Office! Payment should be submitted to the Hunt County Tax Office located on the first floor of the Exchange Building at 2500 Stonewall Street in Greenville, Texas.
- Upon receipt of payment purchaser will receive a receipt to serve as proof of payment until a “Bill of Sale” has been processed and filed with the County Clerk’s Office. Processing the Bill of Sale will normally occur within 24 hours of sale. It is recommended that purchaser insure their property at the conclusion of the sale and issue of payment receipt from the Tax Office.
- Purchases made at the storage facility must be removed within three days of the sale. Any additional time required must be approved by the Tax Office, and will incur additional storage fees of $20.00 per day (per section if mobile home is a double wide or triple wide), to be paid to Tax Office before property will be released for transport.
- Purchases made on the Court House steps – The purchaser at a Tax Sale accepts responsibility of any eviction process which may be required to gain possession of the property. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to coordinate with the land owner for the removal and transport of the purchased property from the land.
TEXAS RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
PART IV. RULES RELATING TO ANCILLARY PROCEEDINGS
SECTION 3. EXECUTIONS
RULE 652. PURCHASER FAILING TO COMPLY
If any person shall bid off property at any sale made by virtue of an execution, and shall fail to comply with the terms of the sale, he shall be liable to pay the plaintiff in execution twenty per cent on the value of the property thus bid off, besides cost, to be recovered on motion, fivedays notice of such motion being given to such purchaser; and should the property on a second sale bring less than on the former, he shall be liable to pay to the defendant in execution all loss which he sustains thereby, to be recovered on motion as above provided.
Notes and Comments Source: Art. 3821, unchanged.
If you would like to have more detailed instructions, you may visit the Hunt County Tax Office Resale Department and ask to view the mobile home sale listing. Or you may email any questions you may have to us at email@example.com .
Randy L. Wineinger
P.O. Box 1042
Greenville, TX 75403
2500 Stonewall Street Suite 101
Greenville, TX 75403
Phone: (903) 408-4000
Fax: (903) 408-4002
Customer Service Hours:
Randy L. Wineinger
Phone: (903) 408-4001
Chamber of Commerce Office
1114 Main St. Commerce, TX 75428
CLOSED AT THIS TIME
Phone: (903) 408-4000
Fax: (903) 356-4467
112 E. Main St. Quinlan, TX 75474
A convenience fee of 2.35% will be added.